Skin is the largest organ of our body. By covering our whole body, it protects our internal organs. A nice glowing skin is desired by all. As it is said beauty is skin deep. Flawless and free from disease, wrinkles is what all we want.
Having a nice glowing skin gives us a sense of confidence and happiness. How can we have? What can we do to achieve it? These questions trouble our mind. There are plenty of ways to achieve. One way to achieve is by eating healthy foods. This is an easy way to achieve.
I will present you the list of these foods to get nice glowing skin. Add these items in your daily diet. When you are eating these foods you will be relaxed.
- Leafy green vegetables contain vitamins, minerals (especially iron and calcium) and are high in antioxidant properties. They nourish the skin and protect it from premature aging.
- Sweet juicy fruits like grapes, melons, pears, plums and stewed apples at breakfast are excellent for the skin in almost everyone.
- Eat a wide variety of grains over different meals and try mixed grain servings at breakfast and lunch. Add amaranth, quinoa, cous cous, millet and barley to the wheat and rice you already eat.
- Favor light, easy to digest proteins like legume soups (especially yellow split mung dhal), whole milk, paneer (cheese made from boiling milk, adding lemon and straining solids) and lassi (diluted yogurt and spice drinks).
- Oils like ghee (clarified butter) and organic, extra virgin olive oil should be included in the diet as they lubricate, nourish and create lustre in the skin.
- Use spices like turmeric, cumin, coriander, and black pepper to improve digestion, nourish the skin and cleanse it of impurities.
- Another important aspect of eating healthy for your skin is making sure you get plenty of Vitamin E. You will find this nutrient readily available in foods like spinach, broccoli, mango, blue crab, and asparagus.
- The sulfur found in garlic, onions, and asparagus will aid in keeping the skin nice. Therefore include these foods in your diet.
Besides the above, the following practices and habits are also essential in order to have nice glowing skin:
- Avoid microwaving and boiling your vegetables. They lose as much as 85% of their antioxidant content when cooked in this way. Steaming and sauteing are best.
- Avoid fried foods. When using oils, try cold-pressed oils! Throw away any oil that has been in your cabinet for longer than six months. Oils should be refrigerated except for the small amount you may use in a week; keep in a small container.
- Avoid drying foods like crackers.
- Eat minimal sugar, chocolate, and potato chips, otherwise known as junk foods, which have little nutritional value.
- Watch your salt intake. Too much salt can lead to temporary swelling and puffiness.
- Drink 6-8 glasses of water throughout the day but drink minimal amounts of soft drinks.
- Going to bed early will have a tremendously positive influence on your skin.
- Avoid cleansing products that dry the skin (like alcohol-based cleansers)
- Avoid skin products that are abrasive, heating or contain artificial colors or preservatives. Most commercial make-up brands should be avoided in favor of strictly 100% natural ingredient cosmetics.
- Vitamin E and aloe are very good to use topically on your skin.
- Smoking increases wrinkles. If you can’t kick the habit, consume extra amounts of vitamin C.
- Be sure to get your emotional stress under control through plenty of outdoor exercise, yoga and meditation.
You may want to watch this video HERE to get tips for having nice glowing skin
For more ideas to have nice glowing skin, click on Beauty Food Bible